Re: compiling problems

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: compiling problems
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:05:41 +0200

gplc uses translates a Prolog source to an assembly file which is then assembled to give rise to an object. Under unix 'as' is the traditional assembler. It must be accessible wia the PATH environment variable. Search for 'as' in your system and add this directory to your PATH variable. Maybe it is called gas if the GNU as is installed, in this case create a link to gas named as in any system directory (e.g. /usr/bin). I doubt no assembler is present in your system, if it is the case install the GNU as (you can get it from ftp.gnu.org any GNU mirror).

Good luck

silvana roncagliolo wrote:
Hi all

I have been using the gprolog (version 1.2.16),

now that I want to compile

I am having some problems.

I have been trying to figure out where my problem is,

but I am still clueless about it,

and I need some help .

When using gplc I get the following message:

     "error trying to execute as: No such file or directory"

At the end follows what I get with the -v option

Thanks,

silvana

====================

jasper02 221% gplc -v test.pl

Prolog compiler (GNU Prolog) 1.2.16

By Daniel Diaz

Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Daniel Diaz

GNU Prolog comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

You may redistribute copies of GNU Prolog

under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

Path used: /nfs/spectre/a4/solaris8/common/gprolog-1.2.16
*** Compiling

--- file: test.pl

pl2wam -o /var/tmp/gplc15eCjb.wam test.pl

wam2ma -o /var/tmp/gplcS1j4sc.ma /var/tmp/gplc15eCjb.wam

delete /var/tmp/gplc15eCjb.wam

ma2asm -o /var/tmp/gplcJXowCd.s /var/tmp/gplcS1j4sc.ma

delete /var/tmp/gplcS1j4sc.ma

as -o /var/tmp/gplcATtYLe.o /var/tmp/gplcJXowCd.s

error trying to execute as: No such file or directory

compilation failed

deleting temporary files before exit

delete /var/tmp/gplcJXowCd.s

delete /var/tmp/gplcATtYLe.o

jasper02 222%

--
Ce message a subi une analyse antivirus par MailScanner ; il est vraisemblablement
sans danger.