Problems Compiling on windows

From: Andy Schmidgall
Subject: Problems Compiling on windows
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:37:11 -0500

Hello,

I just downloaded version 1.2.16 and I'm trying to compile my project. (It
was previously working fine under version 1.2.13) I'm using the windows
binary, and I'm using cygwin as my programming environment on Windows XP.

I figured out that I needed to find nasm.exe, and I fixed that problem. On a
side note, the exe that comes with the nasm package is actually called
"nasmw.exe" for windows, and it doesn't work unless it finds the name
"nasm.exe"

I'm using this command:
  gplc pt.pl

And I get this output:
error trying to execute cl /nologo /Fept c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\obj_begin.obj
c:\DOCUME~1\mrflippy\LOCALS~1\Temp\gplc5.obj c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\all_pl_bips.obj c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\all_fd_bips.obj c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\top_level.obj c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\debugger.obj c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\libbips_fd.lib c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\libengine_fd.lib c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\libbips_pl.lib c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\obj_end.obj c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\libengine_pl.lib c:\Program
Files\GNU-Prolog\lib\liblinedit.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib ws2_32.lib /link
/subsystem:console : No such file or directory
compilation failed

As far as I can tell, it's trying to treat that whole huge list of object
files as a single program to run? This is part of the linking stage
according to the -v output. The compling stage seems to finish without any
trouble. Any idea how to fix this? I'm sure it's just a problem with how I
have things set up. Thanks in advance :)

-Andy

"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you
that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery
with her in his heart." - Matthew 5:27-28