Re: Problem with CLP

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: Problem with CLP
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:56:35 +1000

On 23-Sep-2003, Lars Riis Olsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> So if I am understanding you correctly there is no way of determining
> whether a "yes" result returned by GNU Prolog is correct.

I don't know of any such way; but I don't know that no such way exists.
It might.  I'm not very familiar with GNU Prolog's constraint solving
support, so I don't know if it provides anything similar to SICStus
Prolog's call_residue/2 predicate (see below).

> In that case, do you know of any free constraint satisfiability
> package(s), with a C interface, that does not have this limitation?.

I know that SICStus Prolog lets you distinguish these cases,
via the call_residue/2 predicate, which is documented at
<http://www.sics.se/sicstus/docs/latest/html/sicstus.html/Coroutining.html>.

Unfortunately SICStus Prolog is not free.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit