Porting to mingw32

From: Cesar Rabak
Subject: Porting to mingw32
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:04:06 -0200

Due to reasons I mention in another post, I started a project to port the GNU Prolog to an alternative to the Visual Studio compiled version for Windows 32.

Until now I managed to port the 1.2.16 version of GNU PrologĀ¹ to the Mingw environment and now am testing it.

The examples in ExamplesPl and ExampleFD compile and run, so at least the compiler seems to be in good shape!

Now, if I attempt to build the examples in the ExamplesC directory, I get examp working as expected (meaning: the way I understand it works ;-), but not the new_mainĀ² program:

D:\Programacao\Prolog\GNU\gprolog-1.2.16\ExamplesC>new_main.exe

Enter a name (or 'end' to finish): peter

Fatal Error: Pl_Query_End(PL_RECOVER) but unrecoverable query

Before I start to peruse all the code behind the libbips_pl.a, is there something obvious I may have overlooked?

TIA

--
Cesar Rabak
GNU/Linux User 52247.

[1] Following the directions on src/PORTING.
[2] Parenthetically I had to put a call to fflush because of printf in mingw being buffered.