Re: How to read a line of text?

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: How to read a line of text?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:30:56 +1100

On 09-Jan-2004, Ron Stodden <address@hidden> wrote:

>    Thanks for the research.    The 0\'z form is at the bottom of one of
>    the swi-prolog 5.0.10 manual pages - hard to find.

Probably a formatting error in that man page.

>    The backslash form (escaping the ') should work also, but does not,
>    that's possibly a bug.

No, the ISO Prolog standard says that the backslash form (e.g. "0\'a")
is not a valid token.

> [Fergus wrote:]
> > GNU Prolog supports the ISO Prolog syntax just like SWI Prolog 5.0.8.
>
>    Not 100% true in my experience - both have extensions [...]

I meant that GNU Prolog supports the ISO Prolog syntax _for character code
literals_.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit