Re: What's the "+?" mean to a prolog predicate in manual?

From: Wim Vleugels
Subject: Re: What's the "+?" mean to a prolog predicate in manual?
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 11:52:35 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

>From the Sicstusmanual:

:ArgName
This argument should be instantiated to a term denoting a goal or a clause
or a predicate name, or that otherwise needs special handling of module
prefixes. The argument is subject to module name expansion (see Meta Exp).

+ArgName
This argument should be instantiated to a non-variable term.

-ArgName
This argument should be uninstantiated.

?ArgName
This argument may or may not be instantiated.

Greetz,

Wim