Re: socket_close not working

From: Frank Rehberger
Subject: Re: socket_close not working
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:58:26 +0200

Saurabh Bhatla wrote:

Hi all,
 I am trying to make client server application which uses socket. I can
make a connection and can read and write on sockets. But when i close
the socket and start the application again i get the exception that the
port is already in use. It should not say it as i m closing the socket,
so it should free the port. I m using socket_close(Socket).
Is there any other way of releasing the port.
Any suggestions.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)
After usage by default TCP-ports are locked by Operating-System for 2 Minutes (120seconds). Solution: gprolog might support REUSE-flag when binding a listener-socket to specific port number.

Regards, Frank

---
Frank Rehberger

XTRADYNE Technologies AG