foreign predicate not working

From: Saurabh Bhatla
Subject: foreign predicate not working
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:15:11 -0500

Hi
   I am using a foreign predicate from my logtalk
 object. I define thatin a file receiver.lgt
 (attached). the definition of my predicate is infile
 file_ops.c (attached). I can compile the code in
 gprolog and amable to make an executable out of it
 too. The problem is that whenever icall the foreign
 predicate it returns false. I have some
 printfstatements in my C code but none of them gets
 printed, which mean thatthe c code is not being called
 at all.
  I tried to trace the execution and the call to my
 foreign predicatesimply fails without checking
 anything. My C program works fine whenexecuted alone.
 Does anybody know whats going on here..
 regards
 saurabh