Re: Can i use prolog?

From: Nuno Morgadinho
Subject: Re: Can i use prolog?
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 04:44:21 +0100

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:55:40 +0100
Rajil Saraswat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello mates,
> I am stuck on a problem and was wondering if prolog could be the
> answer.
>
> The problem is that i want to use some decision making system to
> optimise a process which has a lot of control variables. Some of these
> variables are interrelated through simple equations, whereas other
> variables are qualitative in nature.

Constraint satisfaction problems (CSPs) are a major class of problems
for which this prolog is ideally suited. In a CSP, the goal is to pick
values from pre-defined domains for certain variables so that the given
constraints on the variables are all satisfied.

As a simple CSP example, there's the Send More Money puzzle you can
look up on google.

Cheers,

--
Nuno Morgadinho