GLOBALSZ stack size

From: Drew Mellor
Subject: GLOBALSZ stack size
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:03:02 +1000

Hi,

I have problems with the global stack.

I get a stack overflow error when I try to create a list that exceeds about
350
compound terms. But if I try to increase the size of GLOBALSZ to above
about 220000 then I get a memory allocation fault (see below).

I am running gprolog 1.2.16 on a sun solaris (using gcc version 2.95.2).

Can anyone help?

thanks,
Drew

flame: gplc test.pl
Fatal Error: global stack overflow (size: 8193 Kb, environment variable
used: GLOBALSZ)
compilation failed

flame: GLOBALSZ=220000; export GLOBALSZ
flame: gplc test.pl
Fatal Error: global stack overflow (size: 220001 Kb, environment variable
used: GLOBALSZ)
compilation failed

flame: GLOBALSZ=300000; export GLOBALSZ
flame: gplc test.pl