Re: memory problem when compiling list of lists

From: Erick Alphonse
Subject: Re: memory problem when compiling list of lists
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:29:27 +0200

Hello,

I often run out of memory when I consult small files with gprolog, even when I set GLOBALSZ to about 500000, which is the maximum I can set under x86-linux.

I have already reported this bug a couple of months ago. I would like to know if someone stepped into the same kind of problem and if a patch is available. I attach to this email an example file of 6 Kb. I tried it with the latest version of gprolog.

1024$ ./gprolog
GNU Prolog 1.2.19
By Daniel Diaz
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Daniel Diaz
| ?- ['/tmp/bug.pl'].
compiling /tmp/bug.pl for byte code...

Fatal Error: global stack overflow (size: 479000 Kb, environment variable used: GLOBALSZ)
compilation failed

no
| ?-

Thank your very much for your help and time,
Best regards.

Erick