gprolog on a Mac Intel?

From: Bill Atkins
Subject: gprolog on a Mac Intel?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:12:30 -0000

I have a new Intel MacBook and I need to run gprolog for a course I'm taking. There are no binaries available in Fink (or anywhere else, as far as I've found), and when I attempt to compile from source, configure gives me:

/Users/batkins/Desktop/gprolog-1.2.16/src % ./ configure 1:07AM
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin8.7.1
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin8.7.1
configure: error: unsupported architecture

Is there any way at all to get this running on an Intel Mac?

Thanks,
Bill

(I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC repies to me)