tell and listing

From: markmuetz
Subject: tell and listing
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to load a prolog file (using ['file.pl'].), modify it and then
save the changes (e.g to 'file2.pl'). To do this I'm calling
?- ['file.pl'].
?- retract(node(node1,_,_)).
?- tell('file2.pl').
?- listing.
I was expecting the output of listing to go to the file, but instead it goes
to the terminal. I tried playing around with the open/3 predicate but to no
avail. How do I go about doing this properly (i.e. get listing to go to a
file and not to the terminal)?

Thanks in advance,
Mark