if and else in prolog in a single rule

From: kuntilanak
Subject: if and else in prolog in a single rule
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:31:54 -0700 (PDT)

Say that I have one predicate called test (which just succeds or fails,
returns back yes or no), and I have another predicate called checker,
basically here's what I am trying to do in prolog:

test :- checker(T),  if checker suceeds(i.e, returns yes) then print
bla..bla..bla otherwise
          checker processes the remaining predicates here ........

how can I represent all that in prolog in one single rule of test without
having to declare another test rule for this? Is there anyway I can get
around this?