Re: Socket handling seems to acquire and loose system resources. (again)

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: Socket handling seems to acquire and loose system resources. (again)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:14:48 +0200

Hello Maurizio

Thank you for this investigation.
I'll have a look at this asap to see if the problems comes from there
and if I can call closesocket() somewhere in my code.

Daniel

Ferreira Maurizio a écrit :
Sorry for bothering you again.
Finally I was able to compile and inspect your program.

I've seen that in the procedure CREATE_SOCKET_STREAMS (sockets_c.c)
you use _open_osfhandle.

Searching with Google I arrived at the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185727

Toward the end of the article is written :

When _open_osfhandle is used on a socket descriptor, both _close() and
closesocket() should be called before exiting. _close() only closes the
file handle. closesocket() has to be called as well to close the socket
descriptor and clean up the underlying socket object.
Since my program only closes the associated streams, (and it cannot do
otherwise)
can this be the cause of increasing system handles ?

Regards.
Maurizio Ferreira.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.