Re: GNU Prolog Logo

From: Benjamin L . Russell
Subject: Re: GNU Prolog Logo
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:37:53 +0900

Actually, although I have participated in a logo election using the
Condorcet Internet Voting Service, I wasn't responsible for setting it
up.  However, I would assume that you could probably use it just by
following the instructions at the following Web site:

Condorcet Internet Voting Service: Create a New Poll
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/civs_create.html

For more information, see the following Web site:

Condorcet Internet Voting Service
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html

-- Benjamin L. Russell

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:03:33 +0200, Daniel Diaz
<address@hidden> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I agree with Benjamin GNU Prolog deserves a nice logo !
>Joel thank you for your proposition. I'm obviously interested. Benjamin
>proposed the Condorcet  voting service. I don't know it but it seems to
>provide what we need. Joel can you investigate this solution (contacting
>Benjamin who maybe knows it) ?
>
>Thank you
>
>Daniel
>
>Joel Bender a ecrit :
>> Prologians,
>>

>>> Who would provide the server and set up the software?
>>
>> No promises, but I'm interested enough in participating that I am
>> investigating providing it.
>>
>>> Could you please describe the required tasks for "managing proposals
>>> + vote" more specifically?
>>
>> How about a form that you can upload a proposal which would consist of
>> a set of images, i.e., GIF, PNG, SVG, etc.  You would also enter your
>> email address at the top of the form.  After clicking 'submit' you
>> would be sent an email message confirming your submission with a
>> hyperlink back to 'approve' it.
>>
>> The server would provide a page of images to click on.  Clicking on an
>> image would vote for it, with the same email round trip to confirm the
>> vote and make sure people aren't spamming votes.
>>
>> The Condorcet system looks interesting, and I will follow up with
>> Andrew Myers on the implementation provided by the CS department (I'm
>> in a different department).
>>

>> Joel
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^