Re: small files in GProlog

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: Re: small files in GProlog
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:32:07 +0900

Hello,

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Robert SETIF <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am a new user of GProlog and I cannot write a correct file myself in spite
> of the  Help (accompanying the Software ), Help  that I find very abstract,
> more convenient for developpers than for beginner users.

This is a very general statement that is not going to help improving
what you see as a flaw. Try to point specifically to what needs to be
improved, and say how you would like it improved, for example by
submitting your explanation or a pattern for it. Keep in mind, though,
that the manual documents the GNU Prolog compiler, not the language
Prolog itself.

> That is why I need very small programs which  allow me to experiment them,
> and so to try modifying them for seing the results.
>
> Where finding such files?

Did you google ? Anyway, here is a very simple example to help you get started:

address@hidden:~/dev/prolog$ cat > example.pl <<EOF
> :- initialization( go ).
>
> go :-
>     write( 'Hello, world !' ),
>     nl,
>     halt.
> EOF
address@hidden:~/dev/prolog$ gplc --no-top-level --min-size --output
example example.pl
address@hidden:~/dev/prolog$ ./example
Hello, world !
address@hidden:~/dev/prolog$ ls -l example*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nicolas nicolas 182576 2009-05-26 14:08 example
-rw-r--r-- 1 nicolas nicolas     81 2009-05-26 14:08 example.pl

Hope this helps,

--
Nicolas