Prolog not fully initialized

From: Michał Bieliński
Subject: Prolog not fully initialized
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:42:44 +0200

Greetings!

I recently managed to interface GNU Prolog with Free Pascal albeit not
fully. Both Prolog and Pascal units compile and link.

Pl_Start_Prolog executes and returns. Manual states this function will
collect all objects and initialize them. Probably this somehow fails
because many standard atoms are not found by Pl_Find_Atom function. It
seems linking through gcc allows Prolog to find all objects but using
another compiler does not.

Another thing I tried was to stop fpc just before linking and fed
resulting link.res file to "gcc -nostdlib". Did not help.

I would be very grateful for pointers how to deal with this problem.

Below is some information you might find useful:
uname -mosrv:
Linux 2.6.35-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 27 16:22:18 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Pascal source: http://pastie.org/1187257
Prolog source is new_main.pl from GNU Prolog examples.
Program output: http://pastie.org/1187266

--
Michal Bielinski