prolog libraries for gprolog?

From: John Velman
Subject: prolog libraries for gprolog?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:07:11 -0800

Are there any libraries usable by gnu prolog?  Commercial prologs, for
example Sicstus, have libraries for arrays, sets, association lists,
graphs, and so on.  My googling hasn't turned up anything.

Also, is there an approriate Wiki for gnu prolog?

I've used swi-prolog in the past, and it has a rich set of libraries, but
it seems to require MacPorts to compile on the Mac (if then).  SWI also
seems to require X11.  Although the X11 on Mac seems to work fine, once I'd
gotten used to the Mac, I found that I don't need it (at least for my
purposes), and I don't like to use it.

When I first came over to Mac about 3 years ago I installed MacPorts, and
pretty soon found I had two or three copies of things like vi.  I got rid
of MacPorts (and Fink), and for the most part have had no problems
compiling standard Unix things on my Mac (OS X 10.6.5, Xcode 3.2.5).

Currently, I'd like to use prolog in conjunction with a Cocoa (native Mac)
project I'm writing using objective-c and Xcode IDE.  Gprolog seems to be
the only prolog that currently compiles out of the box on my Mac.

There are some Haskell libraries that might be translatable, and other
documentation, but really like to avoid building fundamental tools and got
on with my project.

Thanks for any insights,

John Velman