Re: looking for standard textbook

From: Lindsey Spratt
Subject: Re: looking for standard textbook
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:47:44 -0500

On Mar 5, 2012, at 6:33 AM, Paulo Moura wrote:

> On 05/03/2012, at 10:47, andh wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Is there a book like The Scheme Programming Language, or The C
>> Programming Language, just for Prolog?

My favorite introduction to Prolog is in the opening chapters of Ivan Bratko's
"Prolog Programming for Artificial Intelligence":
http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=5417217&matches=95&cm_sp=works*listing*title

I think you might look at Sterling and Shapiro's "The Art of Prolog" (2nd ed)
for a good overview of logic programming in general and Prolog in specific.
This appears to be an expensive work, so you might want to find it in a
university library.

O'Keefe's "The Craft of Prolog" is an excellent book, but I do not think it is
a good place to start with learning Prolog.

This information may be out of date: I have not been keeping track of
publications in the field.

Regards,
Lindsey Spratt