Re: using gprolog to make a shared library

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: using gprolog to make a shared library
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 19:35:06 +0100

Hi Taco,

Le 3 janv. 2013 à 17:51, Taco Witte <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your answer. Using a socket certainly works (that's what I
> have now). It's a bit fragile though and slow to start.

You are right. We have to provide shared libs (in fact we already did it under
x86 because the code is already position independent).

> Is there something I can help with to get support for shared libraries closer?

Thank you ! For the moment we plan to look at LLVM : if it is usable without
too much performance penalty it will be simpler to provide shared libs (since
it should be independent from the target arch). If we continue with the current
implementation we will need more work since all mappers must be modified.
Anyway, I will inform you.

Daniel