INVITATION

From: carlos agudelo
Subject: INVITATION
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:20:46 -0500

GREAT IS THE LORD (from the book Everyday wiser by Shepherd Alejandro
Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division
Publishing Association)

Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit.
Psalms 147:5

The nights in Jauja, my hometown, were sad. As a child, I didnĀ“t want
to arrive the night. The barkings of the dogs seemed creatures wailing
in agony, and woke my earlier fears. When it rained, the thunder
rumbled loudly, I imagined monsters injured by flaming arrows of
lightning.
It took me time to fall asleep. When I woke up, I saw the sun shining,
dazzling, warming the earth with the smell of wet eucalyptus.
I have nostalgia for those days, despite its sad nights. Longing for
the land that saw me take the first steps on the long road that has
lasted decades. "Great is the Lord" who, early in my life, taught me
through the nights and days of my land, there is no darkness that
lasts forever.
Today the sun was born of a new year. Forget the year ending night. If
things go well, or not, December is gone. The barking of dogs, the
dark, the storm and thunder, all part of the past. There is fragance
of eucalyptus outside. The sun shines, life flourishes. January always
brings a blank page to write a new story.
"Great is our Lord, and of great power," says the Psalmist, to the
turmoil of life: Pursued without guilt by a king who did not want to
leave the reins of power. Attacked by his own son, who coveted the
throne. Hidden in the caves, pilgrimage in the desert and facing the
dangers, never distrusted the power of "his" God.
Are you sure that David's God is also your God? Can you say, like the
psalmist, "our God"? If so, consider the new year as a new
opportunity. Fear not. Do not go back. If God is "very powerful", He
will open in this year's "Red Seas" appearing before you, He will
spring forth water from the rock, and shut the lions' mouths.
Hug your loved ones. Sorry. Ask for forgiveness. Change the direction
of your own story depositing your trust in Someone who can do no
wrong, because "Great is our Lord, and of great power, and His
understanding has no limit".

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God
http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

--