Re: Impressed but confused, gluing a list together...

From: Michał Bieliński
Subject: Re: Impressed but confused, gluing a list together...
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 00:16:32 +0200

Dnia 2 Października 2013, 00:09, Śr, Sean Charles napisał:
>> GNU Prolog 1.4.4 (32 bits)
>> Compiled Apr 29 2013, 20:41:58 with gcc
>> By Daniel Diaz
>> Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Daniel Diaz
>>
>> | ?- join("ABC", "Z", X).
>>
>> X = [97,[122],98,[122],99] ? ;
>>
>> X = [97,[122],98,[122],99,[122]]
>>

> Weird, I am using GNU Prolog too and when I run it I get this:
>
> | ?- str_join("ABC", "Z", X).
>
> X = [65,[90],66,[90],67] ? ;
>
> X = [65,[90],66,[90],67,[90]]
>
> yes
>
> Your output has lower case values in the result variable but upper
> case in the join() call!!! Maybe just a typo?!

Argh.  My apologies for spreading borked data.  I spliced query with
output data since usually I work without X windows on my computer and
there is no "copy-paste" functionality in bare console.  So I redirected
output from Prolog to file and supplied the query by hand and with error.
Sorry!

As for you other question: yes, it appears to be a green cut.  I had to
familiarize myself with the terminology though and having just relearned
it my answer is a bit unsure.

--
Michał Bieliński