Conditional includes...

From: Sean Charles
Subject: Conditional includes...
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 22:30:58 +0000

I am having troubles with files being included more than once and I don’t seem to be able to code my away around it!

In my utils.pl file I have a predicate called now_string() and I have application code and test scripts that use it and now, after refactoring, my test scripts break because none of the files under test are pulling it in… I removed it from one file because that file was being included in another file yadda yadda yadaa you know how these things get from time to time.

I thought I could put in a test like this:

:-if( \+ current_predicate(utils_included)).
:-include('utils.pl').
:-endif.

But it won’t play ball. In the utils.pl file the first fact is “utils_included.” I hope you get the picture, problem is, gprolog doesn’t!

compiling /Users/seancharles/Documents/FELT/felt-prolog/feltlexer.pl for byte code...
/Users/seancharles/Documents/FELT/felt-prolog/feltlexer.pl:38:1: syntax error: . or operator expected after _expression_
/Users/seancharles/Documents/FELT/felt-prolog/feltlexer.pl:39: fatal error: unexpected endif directive

Is there an “accepted technique” for handling file included in Prolog applications to avoid multiple definitions and things?

Thanks,
Sean.