Re: Favourite books?

From: John Velman
Subject: Re: Favourite books?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:14:43 -0800

Sorry I'm late with the answer here. I upgraded my iMac to Mavericks, and
my MacVim, which I use from Mutt to reply to email, stopped working.  I
just upgraded MacVim and now it works fine.

OK, books.  I very much agree with Clocksin and Melish, and with
"The Art of Prolog".  I'll add one specialized book that I used a lot, and
taught me a lot of Prolog.

"Natural Language Processing for Prolog Programmers", by Michael A.
Covington.

I can also recommend Covington's website for a bunch of interesting stuff.
At least it used to have interesting stuff. I haven't used prolog for a few
years, but I had a lot of fun with it, and even made some applications for
personal use that I used for things like reconciling my bank statements.

Best,

John Velman