Executing prolog queries from shell

From: Antonios Antoniadis
Subject: Executing prolog queries from shell
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:05:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hello everyone.

I started building the left hemisphere of my robot's brain with gprolog and I'm
stuck on probably a very basic thing as I haven't touched prolog since uni. I
want to execute/pass/pipe/whatever queries/code into prolog from the GNU/Linux
shell and save/use the results. Like friends(bob,alice) to see if they are
friends or whatever. I can run any shell command via python or the shell itself
of course but what/how should I run (sysntax) to e.g. have gprolog use a
specific file with my stored rules or whatever (complied I guess) and pass the
query like an argument or input? Actually, is this possible at all?

I hope I didn't confuse you!

Thank you,

Antonios A.