Gprolog and unicode support?

From: Csányi Pál
Subject: Gprolog and unicode support?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:31:25 +0200

Hello,

I just started with gprolog and I'm following a tutorial that is wrote
in Hungarian language. This is not a tutorial for gprolog, but for
SICStusProlog.

A program in this tutorial is like the SICStusProlog_unicode.pl:
<file>
apja('Ábrahám','Izsák').
apja('Ábrahám','Ismeretlen').
apja('Izsák','Jákób').
apja('Ábrahám','Ismáel').
apja('Izsák','Ézsaú').
anyja('Sára','Izsák').
anyja('Rebeka','Jákób').
anyja('Hágár','Ismáel').
anyja('Rebeka','Ézsaú').
férfi('Ábrahám').
férfi('Jákób').
férfi('Izsák').
férfi('Ézsaú').
férfi('Ismáel').
nő('Sára').
nő('Ismeretlen').
nő('Hágár').
nő('Rebeka').
</file>

I can to consult this file:

| ?- ['SICStusProlog_unicode'].
compiling /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog_unicode.pl for byte code...
/home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog_unicode.pl compiled, 18 lines
read - 2507 bytes written, 11 ms
warning: /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog_unicode.pl:1:
redefining procedure apja/2
         /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog.pl:1: previous definition
warning: /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog_unicode.pl:6:
redefining procedure anyja/2
         /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog.pl:6: previous definition
warning: /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog_unicode.pl:10:
redefining procedure ferfi/1
         /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog.pl:10: previous definition
warning: /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog_unicode.pl:15:
redefining procedure no/1
         /home/cspal/Emacs/Prolog/SICStusProlog.pl:15: previous definition

(3 ms) yes
| ?-

but when I'm trying to query this program with:

| ?- apja(’Ábrahám’,’Izsák’).

I can't write down the 'Á' character ( without quotes ), the xterm beeps:
| ?- apja('

at the abowe point.

So, I think that that Gprolog doesn't have support unicode? Right?

--
Regards from Pal