Displaying character code lists

From: emacstheviking
Subject: Displaying character code lists
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:22:37 +0100

Is there a setting (check the prolog flags already, 'double_quotes' but that is concerned with parsing no display) that can change the display of a list of codes so it more resembles a coventional string. If I do this:

| ?- atom_codes(':no', X).

X = [58,110,111].

But I would like it to show as:

X = ":no"

With the double quotes signifying it is now a list of character codes. It would make visual inspection of terms much more readable if I could see "strings" not [....] lists.

Thanks,
Sean.