varnamproject-discuss

[Varnamproject-discuss] GSoC 2014: Varnam project

From: Nithin Saji
Subject: [Varnamproject-discuss] GSoC 2014: Varnam project
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:50:44 +0530

Hi Navaneetth,

I am Nithin Saji(diadara on freenode) .Sorry for my late communication. I am interested in applying for a couple of projects related to varnam for GSoC together..

1. integrate varnam into silpa.
I had worked on silpa as part of last years GSoC and very familiar with it and also tried my hands at writing some simple c extensions for  python. I have libvarnam installed on my system and I have also gone through the ruby and nodejs bindings. I am confident that I could finish the task in about 2 to 3 weeks with tests and documentation.

2. RPC interface for libvarnam/ varnam daemon

 I am also interested in the RPC implementation project as I am into networks  and currently studying network programming. I will draft a proposal before the deadline with it. I was also planning to write a  client for the RPC interface.

So are you ok with the redundancy ? I feel the native  bindings have their place and working on a proposal . Also I plan to use JSON-RPC over TCP Sockets interface. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Anyway I will complete and send you my proposal before todays deadline. I will be grateful for any feedback you can give me. And again sorry for  waiting for this long.

--
Nithin Saji
Bits Pilani