varnamproject-discuss

[Varnamproject-discuss] Examples

From: Kevin Martin
Subject: [Varnamproject-discuss] Examples
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 00:35:43 +0530

I was trying to do simple transliteration using varnam and was hoping to make use of the programs in the examples directory. But I got the following error :

undefined reference to `varnam_init_from_lang'

I found the function varnam_init_from_lang defined in varnam.c. Hence I tried compiling my test program like this :

gcc test.c ../varnam.c

The following errors were encountered :

../words-table.h:75:35: error: unknown type name ‘FILE’
../words-table.h:78:38: error: unknown type name ‘FILE’
../varnam.c: In function ‘varnam_version’:
../varnam.c:338:12: error: ‘VARNAM_VERSION’ undeclared (first use in this function)
../varnam.c:338:12: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Am I missing a compilation flag or file? If this really is some kind of a bug (which I think not. Probably I'm missing some information), I'd like to work on it and get the examples up and running before doing anything else.

regards,

Kevin.