varnamproject-discuss

Re: [Varnamproject-discuss] [smc-discuss] Fonts not rendering properly i

From: ബാലശങ്കർ സി
Subject: Re: [Varnamproject-discuss] [smc-discuss] Fonts not rendering properly in console
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 22:30:56 +0530

Complex script scripting is not yet supported in Terminals (except Konsole). So no Malayalam rendering.. There are threads in this list regarding the same.. Check them out.

I recently upgraded to linux mint 17, cinnamon. However, the console does not display the fonts properly. I tried both ttf-malayalam fonts and smc-fonts. (But as far as I remember, the package was smc-fonts-malayalam in ubuntu 13.04. Its just 'smc-fonts' now?)

Firefox and gedit displays the fonts correctly though. When I copy paste malayalam from the browser (or gedit) to terminal, it does not render properly. I tried some transliteration with varnam - not rendering properly. However, I can copy varnam output to gedit and view it properly.

Any ideas?