Re: I'd like to help

From: Ognyan Kulev
Subject: Re: I'd like to help
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:08:11 +0300

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 09:53:47PM +0800, Mohanaraj wrote:
> Helo sir,

Hi Mohanaraj

> I would like to help out in this hurd project. I don't know much about coding
> but I was directed here to help out with the website. I am decently
> proficient in database design, PHP , basic html and Apache. Nothing
> revolutionary but I am willing to help. How would I go about doing this ?

We want to make the new hurd.gnu.org site.  The work is coordinated by Jim
Franklin, although he seems offline these days.  Please check what
discussions were made [1].  The site will be HTML only, so 3 things are
needed: site map, content, web design.  I have a mess of random stuff about
these in [2].  What is your experience with GNU/Hurd?  Personally, i'd like
to hear (or see) proposals of the general structure of the site.

I don't know how much useful is this mail to you.  Generally you decide
where to put yourself in the picture, but there are limitations, e.g. we
cannot use dynamic pages.

Perhaps telling us what your interests in GNU/Hurd are will help us.

[1] http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/web-hurd/
[2] http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~ogi/hurd/hurd.gnu.org/

Regards
--