Re: Outdated page on gnu.org

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Outdated page on gnu.org
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:28:16 +0100

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 06:23:04AM -0800, Eric Hanchrow wrote:

> I stumbled across this URL recently:
>
>         http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/easy.html
>
> That page is very old.  True, it points to a newer version of itself,
> but a naive web surfer might not realize just how old the page is, nor
> how much improved the newer version is; in fact, the page says that it
> is updated weekly, whereas it appears not to have been updated since
> 1999.

It's true, the easy guide is utterly out of date.  If you go to the index
page, http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/, you will note that it is not linked
to anymore, but I link to the installation guide you mentioned as well.

I have hesitated to remove old content to not break links and search engines
too bad, but was hoping that it will phase out by itself.  I can give the
CVS repository another round and cut out more old and uninteresting data.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org address@hidden