Re: Tasks link needs update

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Tasks link needs update
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:48:33 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 06:17:09AM -0200, synthespian wrote:
> Dear Webmaster --
>
> This is to inform you that the "tasks" link
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/~checkout~/hurd/hurd/tasks?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
> from the http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/devel.html web page has not
> been updated since the year 2000!
>
> This can't possibly be true, can it?

It was changed later:
revision 1.12
date: 2001/07/23 12:00:03;  author: marcus;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -3
REmove item about creation_time of tasks (done by Roland in 1999)
and threads (done by Thomas in 1997).

Just the date wasn''t updated.

> In order for people to contribute to The Hurd, updated information
> sources are very important. Please update that link or sync it with
> anothe more updated site.

There is nothing out of date on the list.  It is not complete, though, and
maybe not everything on it would be on a task list we would write today
because priorities changed.

However, there are so many tasks and todo items on the various lists, web
pages, and mailing lists that I can not imagine someone who wants to
contribute doesn't find a way to be productive if they just want to.  Even
if it's just hanging around and helping othjer newbies to complete the
installation procedure.  If you have special capabilities you think that
might be useful but you are not sure what's the most important thing to work
on with such capabilities, please describes what you can or would like to
do.  We will then make specific suggestions.  Otherwise just hang around and
work on what annoys you the most ;)

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden