Re: XHTML / CSS2 Web Pages

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Re: XHTML / CSS2 Web Pages
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:51:19 +0200

Daniel Curran wrote:
I am wondering if you would be interesting in a XHTML/CSS2 template for the hurd web page. I would be happy to create one for the site. I find updating sites that are CSS based takes much less time and energy along with being good design practice to work with the XHTML/CSS2 standard.

That's exactly what I think, so some time in February I tried to CSS-iffy the web pages and use the buildpages script from Reinhard Mueller[1] on it. Worked really good, but I had no time and motivation to continue "translation". Can be found at http://www.htu.tugraz.at/~past/hurd/hurd.gnu.org/buildpage/
buildpage is fascinating simple and powerful.
I made 3 CSS styles as prove of concept, one mimicking the mozilla.org style, one with some new color decoration and one with the classic style.

[1] http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/web-hurd/2004-01/msg00096.html

Patrick
--
sig: ran out today