Hello?

From: Stremcha, Matthew
Subject: Hello?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:38:13 -0500

The Hurd project interests me,  but the main page at www.hurd.gnu.org seems old.  Is there a better source for news?  I have been to the Hurd page at Debian.  The mailing lists are good but tedious to find current project status in.  To me, the main Hurd pages at GNU seem like the place to find that.

I plan to try it out on my test machine as time allows.  I am introducing myself to Unix-like systems by installing and messing with FreeBSD, Slackware GNU/Linux, and (hopefully soon) GNU/Hurd.  This seems like an excellent and obvious extension of the object-oriented paradigm, why has no one done this before?  My programming experience is a bit rusty, but it might be time to dust off that computer science degree and put it to work.  I have written instructions and shorter manuals before.  I want to help with GNU in some way, but I am not sure how much time I can devote to it right now.

Keep it up, it's an incredible thing.

Matthew Stremcha
Technical Applications Analyst
Sisu Medical Solutions
218.529.7972

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.

Please Note: E-mail transmitted over the internet is not secure and may be accessed by unauthorized individuals. Thank you.