Re: Hurd wiki: copyright

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: Hurd wiki: copyright
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:00:24 +0530

> On 8/1/07, Thomas Schwinge <address@hidden> wrote:

> My plan then was to first use this wiki system for the Hurd wiki for a
> test-bed, and then eventually get back to advertising my idea to use it
> as a GNU-wide wiki, as soon as it proved usable and accepted by the
> people using it.

ok,  lets test it first and if it succeeds. here is my personal and
biased point of view.

> Requiring FSF copyright assignments to be filed before editing the wiki
> pages is allowed is absolutely contrary to the wiki culture, contrary to
> how wikis work, so this is a no-no.

definitely .... NO....

> Just now I found -- inside the old wiki -- this page
> <http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/TWiki/HurdWikiCopyrightDiscuss>, from
> which I quote (dated January 2003):

> ...[SNIP]....

that is good idea. i am in agreement with this. In addition, from a
user point of view, i want to simply say that i will really like to
see my name on the page i contributed like "copyrighted by arnuld
fraser, released under FDLversionX", then GNU can do whatever RMS
wants to do with my contribution :)

i am darn sure, if this new Wiki (lets call it Giki) succeeds then it
will definitely will be easily convertible  into user guides and
reference manuals. just make sure Giki remains copyleft.

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/