[Wesnoth-dev] List Ideas

From: David White
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] List Ideas
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:02:56 -0600

Thanks to isaac (?) for setting up this mailing list :)

I see this mailing list as our attempt to return to some of the 'glory days' of Wesnoth when our community was a smaller, tightly-knit group. The forum has done alot of good things for us, but it has also crushed much of Wesnoth's "community" atmosphere, instead having it degenerate into a horde of uninformed posters, and a very poor signal:noise ratio.

Best of all, I think this mailing list is one that needs not have any rules, since we will only invite reasonable people to participate on it. As well as Wesnoth development issues, I look forward to discussing other technical issues, articles on slashdot and other news sites, and hearing 'personal updates' from people on the list.

I suggest that at this stage we should add people to the list by invitation. If we decide someone would contribute positively to the list, we can invite them :)

David