Re: [Wesnoth-dev] locale-independant number parsing

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] locale-independant number parsing
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:02:29 -0600

Yann Dirson wrote:

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 10:16:44PM +0100, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
Sorry, you have lost me here. An "easy way" to handle what? You didn't
explain the problem you are trying to solve here, so I can't really
say if your solution is fine or not.

Uh, sure :)

The problem is, your fix completely disables the locale processing for
everything but messages.  As you noted, that means printing of decimal
numbers will use the US format instead of the locale-based one.

Are there any places in Wesnoth where floating point numbers are output in a user context (i.e. not debugging)?

Anyhow, using functions which are only available on some platforms to solve a problem only solves the problem on some platforms. If a problem is worth solving, then it's worth solving right, I think.

A possible solution would be to write our own decimal number parsing function, and not set the locale to the US locale.

David