Re: [Wesnoth-dev] I18n and colons after labels/titles

From: Philippe Plantier
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] I18n and colons after labels/titles
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:50:39 +0100

Yann Dirson wrote:
We currently have a bunch of dialog labels ending with a colon, but 2
ways of dealing with this in the code.  Some labels include the colon,
and some do not, so that the colon is prepended by the code.

The problem with the latter is that we can get no space before the
colon, whereas it is needed in some languages (most notably french).
Is there a problem with the 1st approach ?

I ask that now, because during the mp-setup rewrite, all strings
conforming to the 2nd approach were silently moved to the 1st one,
ending with many fuzzy strings.  If that was done by error, we should
revert those strings ASAP, before the translators have spent too much
time updating those strings...

It was more or less an error. The colon is part of a string and must be translatable, so this must be fixed. My bad.

Philippe