Re: [Wesnoth-dev] 3rd level units for Drakes

From: James Spencer
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] 3rd level units for Drakes
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:47:50 -0500

Being the last person to touch the buggers I should probably chime in.
The long standing plan for drakes has been:

"I'd like to see a lv. 3 Sky Drake, a Lv. 3 Upgrade to
the Slasher (then the Gladiator can be given a bit of a power spike
much like the horseman line), a level 3 Warrior (but that line needs a
'graphical' redo)."

Hmm... The biggest 'issue' is that I was the last person working on
the Drakes and Neo has never 'formally' said 'goodbye' directly to
me... So I didn't / don't want to make him feel as though he's been
usurped as 'the father of the Drakes'. I mean these things really are
his babies. It's pretty apparent he's at least temporarily gone to
greener pastures (I've sent him a couple of PMs but I've never gotten
more than a couple of words back from him). There are several forum
threads documenting what his plans were... There is a consolidated
thread by me from when I started implementing the drakes as to where I
was going... But the above quote holds true to what I intended.

That being said I have recently contacted shadow & disto to see if
they'd like to take a crack at it. Shadow has sent me 'a rough
looking' level 3 sky drake. I simply haven't had time to to update the
.cfg files for his work to test it in game and critique it. I'm on
hiatus and I left him in the lurch a bit, to be honest. I've
apologised to him for that. I've kept this little side project out of
the forums to avoid alienating Neo and causing a 'public poop storm'

As for as actual stats go I have boilerplate linear upgrade stuff on
my disk... The original intention was to wait for the art and see if I
could "stay true to his vision" AND build an acceptable implementation
I would be comfortable in committing.

As far as any future Drakes go it is contingent on art &
acceptability... Hmm... I said I'd send Neo another email some time
ago, maybe it's getting near time... Or if somebody wants to take a
look at what shadow has, they can feel free to do so (Since my little
skunkworks project is out of the bag, and fallen prey to scheduling).