[Wesnoth-dev] Wiki migration status

From: Jordà Polo
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Wiki migration status
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:51:27 +0100

On the process of switching to something better than tinywiki we had a
problem. It is not possible to install PmWiki with utf-8 support on
w.s.i since it is running an older version of PHP (without multibyte
string functions).

I don't have much time and can't fix all the problems, so let's face
them one by one. (Yes, I should have done that from the beginning.)

Our most important priority is to fix/improve the current wiki, so I'll
not care about the wiki-engine not being PHP. That is another problem,
and I'll care about it if we ever decide to use a wiki engine on w.w.o.
(After all, if it uses flat files, it shouldn't be difficult to
migrate).

Suggestions and ideas are welcome again.

Also, we had a an offer from Rhonda:

 16:11 <Rhonda> I am a fan of moin, it is really great especially with
its ACL support and stuff.
 16:12 <Rhonda> I have one running over here already, for a general
german translation wiki (not related to any project), and some other
instances. It wouldn't be any problem to fork another instance for
wesnoth, if wanted....

See http://wesnoth.debian.net/%23wesnoth-dev-2005-03-14.log

I don't know moinmoin nor python, but if anyone is wanting to help
and/or push fot it...

I'm sorry, this should have been something fast :/