Re: [Wesnoth-dev] usage= tag review

From: John McNabb
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] usage= tag review
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:49:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, ott wrote:
> The usage= tags are used in the recruitment_pattern= keys of [ai] tags,
> to control the AI's behaviour.
>
> Should we modify some of the glaring discrepancies?  Or is there a deep
> reason for the way units are currently classified?
>
> -- address@hidden

This has been a long standing annoyance to me from back when I did the droid
walkthrough of HttT, however at the time I didn't have CVS access and since
then it has dropped off my list of things to do.  It would be good if the usage
was more descriptive, however I fear two things.  One it would probably require
rebalancing of scenarios.  This would be best done sooner rather than later if
we want it in the 1.0 release.  Second, if more usage tags were used then the
current ones(say adding a mage usage), it would probably require changes to the
AI C++ code, and this would then have to wait until after v1.0.

So, I would suggest making changes to the glaring discrepancies now, limiting
the changes to those usages that the AI already knows.

-dfool

        "In theory, theory and practice are the same,
                but in practice they're different."
John W. C. McNabb