wget-dev

Why building wget requires wget command?

From: 川原智和
Subject: Why building wget requires wget command?
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 21:22:37 +0900

I am trying to build and install wget on macOS catalina (fresh installed)
with source from savannah repo.
Fresh macOS does not have the wget command.

But bootstrap needs wget cmd like below:
hoge@hoge wget % ./bootstrap --gnulib-srcdir=/src/git/gnulib

./bootstrap: Bootstrapping from checked-out wget sources...

./bootstrap: getting gnulib files...

./bootstrap: getting translations into po/.reference for wget...

./bootstrap: line 738: wget: command not found

Please tell me why wget is requied to build it from source and how can I
run bootrap without wget cmd (or with curl)?

Thanks.
Tomon