wget-dev

wget2 | URLs containing '?' don't work in browser (#601)

From: Simone Dotto (@hackerino)
Subject: wget2 | URLs containing '?' don't work in browser (#601)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 11:08:47 +0000

Simone Dotto created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/601

In brief: when a URL contains a '?' it doesn't work in the browser, but if I
manually escape it to '%3F' then it does.

The command I'm running is the following:
```
wget2 --page-requisites --convert-links --wait=3 "$page"
```

The question is: shouldn't --convert-links take care of that problem, i.e.
escaping? Is there an alternative way to solve this?

I don't want to open a useless issue, but I can't find any mention of escaping
URLs in the manpage except in regards to filenames.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/601