wget-dev

Re: wget2 | `wget2 -rc` doesn't parse localfile foo.shtml (#269)

From: Andrew White (@awhite27)
Subject: Re: wget2 | `wget2 -rc` doesn't parse localfile foo.shtml (#269)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:24:22 +0000

Andrew White commented:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/269#note_1829048304

I think this is the same issue I am having. I start mirroring a website. The
mirror operation gets interrupted for some reason (eg a reboot). Then I run the
wget2 again with `-nc` to only download files I don't have. The mirror fails to
download any files because wget2 does not reparse the existing files for urls.
In my case the filenames all have the `.asp` extension and most have a query
appended.

I normally use `--xattrs` (*) so the above suggestion of getting the
content-type from the file attributes to determine if the file is html would be
a good solution.

\* I actually think `--xattrs` should be enabled by default. It is better to
have the metadata and not need it than not have it and later find you need it.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/269#note_1829048304