windows7sins-translators

[Windows7sins-translators] We'd like to issue a press release next week

From: Matt Lee
Subject: [Windows7sins-translators] We'd like to issue a press release next week
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:50:28 -0500

Announcing all the different languages the site is now available in.

Right now, we have French, Arabic and Italian. I'd like to add Spanish,
German, Russian, Japanese and Portuguese to that list, plus any others
we have available.

If we can get these other translations up (everyone who has requested
SVN access should now have it), then we'd also like to get the finished
version of this press release translated and sent to local news sources.

Here is a first draft, we are still waiting on a quote from April.

Please let's try and get translations up ASAP.

If you are new to this list, please see
http://meta.windows7sins.org/get-started-with-translating.html which
outlines much of how to get started. If you have any questions, please
email me and I'll do what I can do help you out.

Once we know how many translations we're going to go live with, I'll
update the press release and we can translate it.

## Windows 7 Sins Campaign now in over 8 languages

BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, December 15th, 2009 -- The Free
Software Foundation (FSF) today announced that its campaign for
computer user freedom, Windows 7 Sins, has been translated into over 8
languages, with several more on the way.

The translation effort, coordinated by FSF campaigns staff working
with volunteer translators, has been done over the last few months,
using free software tools and collaborating via the GNU Mailman
software. The first translation to go live was French, translated by
members of the French activist organization, April.

Interested parties can join the translation effort by visiting
http://meta.windows7sins.org/

"Quote from madix from April" to go here.

"By translating Windows 7 Sins into as many languages as possible, we
are making this an international campaign for computer user freedom."
said Matt Lee, campaigns manager at the Free Software Foundation.

### About the Free Software Foundation

The Free Software Foundation, founded in 1985, is dedicated to promoting
computer users' right to use, study, copy, modify, and redistribute computer
programs. The FSF promotes the development and use of free (as in freedom)
software -- particularly the GNU operating system and its GNU/Linux
variants --
and free documentation for free software. The FSF also helps to spread
awareness of the ethical and political issues of freedom in the use of
software, and its Web sites, located at fsf.org and gnu.org, are an
important
source of information about GNU/Linux. Donations to support the FSF's
work can
be made at <http://donate.fsf.org>. Its headquarters are in Boston, MA, USA.

### About Free Software and Open Source

The free software movement's goal is freedom for computer users. Some,
especially corporations, advocate a different viewpoint, known as "open
source," which cites only practical goals such as making software
powerful and
reliable, focuses on development models, and avoids discussion of ethics and
freedom. These two viewpoints are different at the deepest level. For more
explanation, see
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html>.

### Media Contacts

Matt Lee