wizavrd-dev

Re: [wizavrd-dev] new prove of concept

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [wizavrd-dev] new prove of concept
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:46:29 -0600

address@hidden wrote:

after some weeks of working on different problems a new idea got in my mind..

why should we make a gui and think of a description language to get the
whole thing easy to extend when everything we need is out there???

i took a view kb of php and html and there we are.. something almost
everybody can extend. just copy the base class... add some lines (which
can be taken from an existing module...

an the best thing on it: php is realy easy to learn even for non
programmers (at least the things you need to make your modul ;)

i've just taken the first 2 files i found on my hdd an made an example
uart-config thing...

everything can be downloaded as zip file ;)

todo:
- dependencies.. could be done easily by adding another param to
RegisterModule
- directory tree  in zipfile
- source cleanup
- modul-selector
- layout
- makefile gen as modul

i think this order should get us to a nice working version in short time...

current version should be available from
http://www.sbox.tugraz.at/home/o/oe6jwf/wizavrd/

this code was done in 4-8h... so parts of the code look very ugly...
(that's why source cleanup has more priority than the layout *g*)

How is one supposed to execute this?

Thanks
Eric