womeninfreesoftware

[Womeninfreesoftware] saying hi, first post

From: Christian Einfeldt
Subject: [Womeninfreesoftware] saying hi, first post
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:09:48 -0700

Hi,

I am a field rep for Partimus.org, which is a Berkeley non-profit dedicated to raising the profile of Free Software in San Francisco Bay Area schools.  Among other things, Partimus currently is providing computers and sys admin support to two San Francisco public schools which are using Free Software.  One school has 31 stand-alone Ubuntu Hardy machines in various classrooms.  It is a public charter middle school that is 5th through 8th grade.

The other school has a 31-seat Ubuntu LDAP network with about 20 stand-alone Hardy machines in various classrooms.  We are quite excited about our work, and would be happy to tell you more about what we are doing.

Our founders are Cathy Malmrose and Maile Urbancic.  Cathy is the CEO of Zareason, and Maile is a web developer.

c u

--
Christian Einfeldt