wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Missing images

From: Jason Skomorowski
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Missing images
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:48:46 -0500

For simple English I'm seeing roughly ~45k images. At 42Gb size seems in
line with the estimate and they mostly seem to be there based on sampling a
few pages. But some articles are underpopulated, such as the entry for
Berlin in the attached screenshot.

Tried the check images / rebuild images scripts and running wp-mirror
--mirror again, no reported problems. I searched the images directory with
find for some of the missing ones and they simply aren't there. Not even in
the (mostly empty) bad images directory.

$ find /usr/share/mediawiki/images/ | grep -i Funkturm
$ find /usr/share/mediawiki/images/ | grep -i hauptgebaude
$ find /usr/share/mediawiki/images/ | grep -i Schloss_Bellevue

Checked the online copy as I thought the licensing might be a factor, but
they're CC and one is even public domain:

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tu_hauptgebaude_2006.jpg
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ICC_Funkturm_Berlin.jpg
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schloss_Bellevue.jpg

Any ideas on what else I might look into?